Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

GTO 2004 Pontiac. We need to replace BCM MODULE. POWER

Customer Question
GTO 2004 Pontiac Mechanic's...

GTO 2004 Pontiac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GTO yourself? What have you tried so far?

We need to replace BCM MODULE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

POWER STEERING , POMP HAS A LEAK , ELECTRIC WINDOWS MOTOR NEEDS TO BE REPLACE AND CHECK ENGINE

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

I NEED TO TAKE A TO A PLACE THAT FIX ALL THAT FOR MY HUSBAND I WILLING TO FIX HIS CAR AND PAINTED AFTER TO LEAVE IT BRAND NEW AGAIN IS A SURPRISE FOR HIM

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pontiac
3/15/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The BCM has to be replaced as a complete new BCM as a used one is already locked and programmed to a different vehicle and cannot be unlocked or reprogrammed to any other model vehicles.

The best place to take it is a dealer.The reason is that the dealer is the one that can obtain a new BCM and the dealer is also the one that has to program it with their computer.It takes a GM dealers computer to do this.Without it being programmed the new BCM will not allow the car to start as well as allot of the electronics to work at all.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete