Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The sensor came on that says engine hot AC off and fan is…

Customer Question
The sensor came on...

The sensor came on that says engine hot AC off and fan is running

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking and but have not checked collant coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2009 Pontiac Torrent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i had the same problem about a month ago and they put a new guage in and now the light is back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That i just fixed it...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

Have you had the computer system scanned to see what the fault code is that should set when this light comes on?

No. But it was supposedly fixed with a new temperature gauge put in.

Usually when this Message comes on the engine is actually overheating. Are you seeing an over heating ?

No.
The fan is running and it’s running okay. No signs of overheating

Okay in order to determine the cause you are going to need to have the computer system scanned. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code I can help you determine the cause.