Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Currently own a 2006 pontiac g6 and the brought it in to the…

Currently own a 2006...

Currently own a 2006 pontiac g6 and the brought it in to the auto shop to see what the problem is and was told it was the front lower control arm AV. But I feel the problem on the front driver side. I was told by the previous own it was the ball joint that was what she was told . I'm trying to get a second opinion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm having a auto shop fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

3/11/2018
camerontech
camerontech, auto technician

hi there

im cam, a licensed diagnostic tech

The g6 ball joints are part of the control arms on these and are not replaced seperatly. They will be replaced as a unit.
The stabilizer links are bad on these as well and can feel like a ball joint problem but it is usually the links. these can also be missed by the mechanic if not checked properly
the links should be checked also on both sides.
It is not uncommon to have both ball joint/control arms go at the same time on these also.
cam

Ok thanks

no problem

let me know what they find and ifyou need any more assistance id be happy to help!

please takea moment to rate me and i am always available for follow ups after rating!

thanks and i appreciate postive ratings

cam

camerontech
camerontech, auto technician