Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It is overheating. There is one hose from the coolant that…

Customer Question
It is overheating. There...

It is overheating. There is one hose from the coolant that got cut off. I do not know where it should be connected.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes, I already added a coolant. but there are two tubes connected into that coolant storage, the other one that looks like a flexible hose is no longer connected to where it is suppose to be.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2008, 3.4 liters

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked the the hoses'

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the car runs the temperature goes down, when the car is on but not running the temperature goes up until yesterday, even the car is running it is still overheating.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pontiac
3/10/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you send a few pictures not close up of the hose your talking about

i will be with you in a bit, I will just take some pictures.

sounds good

checking that now, what model is that?

2008 Pontiac torrent, 3.4

ok that is the excess pressure tube and should go behind the backside of that, is it still over heating?

it dosent connect to anything is just a way for the coolant to exit the engine safely if it overheats

Pontiac Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

hello did you get my response?