Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The latch on the drivers door of my 2007 grand prix broke.

The doors locked and the...
The latch on the drivers door of my 2007 grand prix broke. The doors locked and the key is not in the ignition. When tried to unlock with key the lock fell down in the door. We had a guy with a lock kit come and try to open it but the lock won't disengage. He thinks without the key in the ignition the security system is keeping the door locked. How can I get in the car without breaking the window
3/7/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Was the kit he used a air bag and a long rod or a slim jim?

He used a long rod. When he pushed the button you could hear the lock click but it wouldn't unlock

did he try the other door too?

all the doors are locked

if he is stll there see if he can pop the hood with the rod, disconnect the battery and then you should be able to unlock it

He's not here but is there something else the would reach in to unlock the hood
is there an emergency way to get under the car to open the hood

I dont know what you have there but it will have to be long and very strong to get that latch like that rod he had, and no emergency way but popping the latch, they make it hard for a reason

ok. we will see if he can come back or find something around here. If it doesn't work we will get back on here later on. thank you for your help

your very welcome!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician