Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Would you please tell me how to find Information for P1133…

Would you please tell...

Would you please tell me how to find Information for P1133 Pontiac code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2009 Torrent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to see if I can fix it myself. I haven't tryied anything yet. I can not find directions on how to do it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that I would like to see how to do it to see if it is something I am able to do. Thank you!

1/21/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Hello

This means the front oxygen sensor is not switching properly, usually meaning the sensor itself has failed. It is located on back of engine near firewall, can access it from under the hood. Here is a picture, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6i3zweilkrf47s/02s.pdf?dl=0

Is Sensor 1 under the hood and sensor 2 on the exhaust pipe and is not under the hood? Do you change the both at the same time? What tools are needed to change them?

Sensor 1 is under the hood, only replace sensor 1. A socket wrench, short extension, and oxygen sensor removal socket should be enough. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician