Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hearing knocking in the engine of pontiac g6. Seem to be…

Customer Question
Hearing knocking in the...

Hearing knocking in the engine of pontiac g6

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Seem to be coming from around the dashboard and has been for a couple of weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G6?

2006 i think. Is my son's car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not done anything yet. Son has been just driving it and not telling us much

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pontiac
1/20/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You mentioned an engine knock but said it is from the dashboard?

Can you hear it at the engine with the hood open?

Does it speed up or get louder with the engine rpms raised?