Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car is saying that there is a door ajar. This just

My car is saying...

My car is saying that there is a door ajar

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

This just started today

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Pontiac g6 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My done light will sometimes go off. Sometimes it will start to go off then come back on

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue, this case that you are having is going to be a faulty door ajar switch. The door ajar switch is apart of the door latch assembly. When the door is open, the switch send a signal to the BCM and the BCM displays this information on the dash. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits to give you a better understanding. Also, I am attaching testing information for this issue. The best way to test for this issue and locate the faulty sensor is with a scan tool. The scan too will indicate the fault. Once the faulty switch has been located, then you will need to replace it to cure the issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician