Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

2007 Pontiac torrent 3.4L codes: P0404, EGR position

performance P1779, torque delivered signal common...
2007 Pontiac torrent 3.4L codes: P0404, EGR position performance P1779, torque delivered signal
common cause for these codes? Vehicle has a new OEM EGR
1/15/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

The most common caused for the code P0404 to set on the 3.4 is in most cases due to a failing EGR valve and if the valve is failing it can also cause the code P1779 to set. I would start with addressing the EGR code first and I suspect the other code will clear.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the EGR valve is brand new,OEM

Well if you still setting the same code then you may have a circuit problem to it or the EGR passages are restricted with built up carbon. Did you clean the passage?

Before you start chasing the circuit try cleaning the EGR passages. See the steps to do this in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/beal0plzhos1fqf/EGR%20passage%20cleanin%20Jan%2015.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not open this, do you have a different way to send this?

The file is a standard PDF file and it should open on a regular PC as long as your not behind a firewall. It will not usually open in a mobile device due to size. I have no other way to send it .

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician