Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

No heat. And yes. 2006 Pontiac grand p. Chances thermostat,

Yes and yes Mechanic's...

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2006 Pontiac grand p

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Chances thermostat , bled system, flushed system

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Keep getting air in system , also have bad lower intake

1/15/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Engine running at operating temp, heat on full, blower on high. Give me a guesstimate temperature on the upper radiator hose, and both heater core hoses at the firewall?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
upper and lower hoses are very hot, 80 degrees heater-core hoses, i have already flushed it

When you removed the heater hoses and flushed in both directions did the water flow easily in both directions?

Thanks, ***** ***** hoses but with good flow when testing. This is going to come down to the water pump impeller fins worn and not moving enough coolant or the head gaskets are bad and combustion pressure is getting into the cooling system and preventing adequate coolant flow, or the system has not been completely bled to remove all air pockets. Have you done a compression test?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks Chris, am i being charged per message?? Also i have bled system from thermostat that gave me heat when driving for 1 afternoon, i also have leaking lower intakes , my car passes compression test(pepboys) , but had exhaust fumes in antifreeze

You have already been charged and you are only charged once as long as you do not accept any of the other offers the website pushes. You pay me from your deposit when you rate.

my car passes compression test(pepboys) , but had exhaust fumes in antifreeze You may want a 2nd opinion. If you have exhaust fumes in the coolant, the head gaskets are leaking and that air will not go away till those are addressed. These air pockets are preventing your heater core from getting coolant flow.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do have oil mixing with coolant , my antifreeze had a little oil in it, but my engine oil is very clean, with a blow head gasket would i have coolant in my oil? my car has never overheated.... and lastly before heat went out i heard bulbing from my heater core

Yes, oil can get into the coolant from a head gasket failure, cracked head, and a couple other ways.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
bubbling sound from heater core??

Combustion gas in the coolant causes that.

Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, thank you Chris

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician