Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Ecm and injectors are not communicating with each other.

Ecm and injectors are...

Ecm and injectors are not communicating with each other. injectors replaced and 2 reman. ecm's installed and no starting. motor does turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

91 sunbird le rag top

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sunbird yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried but then took it to the local chevy store. they are the ones that said no communication

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If he needs more info

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/14/2018
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing quesiton now......

have you replaced anything already??

what codes are stored in ECM??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have replaced the entire fuel system from the gas tank to the fuel regulator. Including the injectors. I don't know what the codes are on the ecm. The connector is so old that I cant find one to hook to it. The Chevy dealer told me about the lack of communication. It may not be the ecm. I put a locking gas cap on it and now the gas flow stops.

i do not have anymore info in this particular problem. i will open it for another expert

Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

do you still need help??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Roy. I am going to take the locking gas cap off this weekend and see what happens. But probably yes.

ok, but why are you going to do this??

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I realized that my problem didn't start until I put that cap on, and I've noticed that no gas goes thru the fuel rails ike its a vapor lock.

ok, it is not the cap but try it anyway to satisfy your curiosity. if that were the case you would have other issues

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after I put the cap on itstill ran good. Then it would die. Seconds later it would start and go. It did that for about a week then one day it died and that was it.

ok

I know you have replaced parts in the fuel system but I would start by checking the fuel pressure to be sure the pump is working

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have done both. The pressure just stops. the pump is new, the tank, the pressure regulator. The fuel lines are original and there is a canister thing before the regulator that I can find no reference on.

what was the fuel pressure???

can you post a picture of what you have???

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its been over a year since it went dead so no I don't remember the pressure. I do know it was strong. Pictures of what?

ok, a year is a long time. it still needs to be checked.

the canister thing you told me about

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the canister? I didn't get the entire message.

your response

want a picture of the canister thing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. I work til after dark but will do what I can. Where do I send it?

upload it here

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. I'll see if I can get it sent tomorrow. I work late so don't expect it early. Thanks Roy.

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Roy Belding
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician