Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuel pump works and I just checked the fuel pressure to the…

Customer Question
Fuel pump works and...

Fuel pump works and I just checked the fuel pressure to the fuel rails and it is 42 lbs. We can feed the gas into the engine a different way and it will run but it seems the injectors won't engage to feed the fuel to them and I have already replaced the ECM with another one which was only a year in difference... I am trying to figure out why we can't get it to run

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

174,000 and we just replaced the motor in it since it threw a piston ro rod

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and We have tried just about everything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pontiac
1/9/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check to see if any wiring is damaged leading to the injectors as well as any fuses are blown that would feed power to the injectors at all.If any issues are found with the wiring or fuses this will need to be repaired.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete