Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I start the car and put into drive the door locks

Customer Question
When I start the...

When I start the car and put into drive the door locks should automatically lock and unlock when you turn off the car and put in it in park. This quit working, do you know why?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes it just started. You can lock and unlock the doors by the remote or by the switch on the door, but the locks do not work when you stop or start the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

V6 G6 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. I looked at the computer read out on the dash that says power locks are all on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pontiac
1/5/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This feater was accidentally turned off in the driver information center settings or the body control module is faulty. Can you go through the DIC settings to try and turn this feature back on.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Are you pleased with my help or needing to follow up for more assistance?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris