Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just came from a TX Inspection on my 2008 Pontiac Torrent.

Customer Question
Just came from a...

Just came from a TX Inspection on my 2008 Pontiac Torrent. They say the passenger side brake light is out. So they failed me. They are telling me that this will cost me $565.90 to fix it to pass the inspection..

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Yes. There is no leak under the car from the brake fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I'm not handy this way. I was just wondering is there a cheaper way to fix this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it a complicated thing to fix this myself?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pontiac
1/4/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what is the problem? the bulb is out or the light housing is damaged?

All he said on the paper is - *PASSENGER SIDE BRAKE LIGHT IS OUT*
Can I replace the bulb myself?