Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 99 pontiac grand am that has a negative ground wire…

Customer Question
I have a 99...

I have a 99 pontiac grand am that has a negative ground wire coming from where the battery is hooked and can't figure out where it goes. Could you by any chance help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

It's not and yes it's good I just need to know where that wire needs to go

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?

Connecting it to the frame and yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

the large cable goes to the block and the small wire goes to the fender or the radiator support.

Roy

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

what have you connected the loose wire to??

Roy

are you there