Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't get into the trunk on my 09pontiac G5. I took out…

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into the trunk on my 09pontiac G5. I took out the battery and shut the trunk now I can't get into the trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

Can't get it open cuz there's no power to the car and there's a key busted in the lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G5?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yah I was gonna replace the battery. I tried getting threw the back seats from inside but can't find a lever to unlock it and I tried running power the charge terminals under the hood. Just to see if I can get power somewhere so the trunk unlock button would work. But no go

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to open the trunk with no power to the car

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician replied 6 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician

Ho there, I am cam.

Do you have the new battery and a set of battery cables? Booster cables?

Your first option is to get your car boosted from under the hood to the fuse block.

Second option is to go in through the back seat and open the hatch with the internal release handle.