Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 v6 grand am and while I was driving everything…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 v6 grand am and while I was driving everything just shut off and car died and been having problems when I turn the wheel it makes a grinding sound.. It died right in the middle of the road it acts like it whants to start but it don't

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes I do.. I check it the power steering fluid is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried jumping it everything will turn on but the car acts like it wants to start and it dont

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And when I turn the wheel it makes a grinding sound..

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pontiac
12/30/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Just so I understand it will crank, but not start?

Do you know how to diagnose vehicles by testing to see what the engine needs but is not getting?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris