Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The 10 mon cycles are not working for me, Telltell stays on,

Customer Question
The 10 mon cycles...

The 10 mon cycles are not working for me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Pontiac?

Telltell stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

07 gxp

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

New Power cable to stater & batt. Car no respondingvto key now

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No. I did have a key & fob from a similar car on key xhain

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pontiac
12/22/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Please tell me exactly how you tried to do the relearn on your car?

I turned the key from off to on turn to start then release. I let it stay on position form 10 min. Then switch off for 5 sec. Then turn back to on position for 10 min again. 3 cycles. Starting Disabled by theft system stays on. Never goes out after 10 min. Plus ive notice my cigarret lighter is out

Makes sure everything is turned off, " radio, heat and ac, seat heaters and lights" disconnect the negative cable form the battery for 10 minutes. If the battery voltage is lower then 12 volts connect a battery charger to it to charge the battery while the cables are disconnected. After the 10 minutes are up, reconnect the battery. Close all the doors and lock them. leave the doors locked for 5 minutes. Remove the key for this car from your key ring. After the 5 minutes unlock the drivers door with your key. Then try the relearn again but do not turn the switch to start. wait for the starting disabled to go out before turning the switch to the off position. You have to go from off to run 3 times till the light goes out. after the 3rd time, turn the switch to off. When you have done the steps 3 times start the car on the 4th time. Do not let more then 5 seconds go by between steps.

As for the cig lighter not working, check fuse 10 in the fuse box under the hood.

Its a v8 grand prix gxp. No number 10 in fuse box

Then it should be marked aux pwr. And it is in the fuse box under the hood. It is a 25 amp fuse

Just wanted to check in on you and see if you needed any more help?