Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won't start. I am working on the van for another person they…

Customer Question
Won't start Mechanic's Assistant:...

Won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I am working on the van for another person they lost the key and smashed the steering column apart trying to start it with a screw driver

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2002 Montana

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing the Montana myself and I pit a whole new steering column in it and I tried the 10 min reprogram and it still won't start with the key

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pontiac
12/17/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Damaging he steering column, key switch was a bad idea. The key requires a chip, is the security light on? If so, you need to get a locksmith to make a new key, would have been the cheaper option that works