Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a question if anyone could answer it. I just

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question if anyone could answer it. I just purchased a 2001 pontiac aztek and when I start it up it's fine. But when I accelerate to 35mph the brake light comes on and the car starts dinging continuously. No matter how far you drive. Any idea what could cause this? It drives fine other than the beeping. Thank you!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

Is this the break light on the dash?

Hi Ron thanks for any help you can give. I'm desperate.

Hi Brittany,

Is this the brake light on the dash?

It's not on when I start the car but as soon as I reach 35mph it turns on and the dinging starts

Your brake master cylinder has a read switch in it that read the brake fluid level and if the brake fluid is low it can cause the light to come on. Start first with checking to see if your master cylinder is full. If its low then top it off.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Hi Ron sorry my phone broke yesterday. To answer your question no it's not the brake fluid level. It's right below the max line.

Okay then it may be the switch at the master cylinder, try unplugging it and see if the light goes out. If it does then the switch is faulty.

What switch?

If you look at the master cylinder you will see a connector at the bottom side of the fluid reservoir. That is the switch connector. Unplug it and see if the light and the warning chime clear.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician