Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have a question if anyone could answer it. I just

Customer Question

Hello I have a question if anyone could answer it. I just purchased a 2001 pontiac aztek and when I start it up it's fine. But when I accelerate to 35mph the brake light comes on and the car starts dinging continuously. No matter how far you drive. Any idea what could cause this? It drives fine other than the beeping. Thank you!
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Is this the break light on the dash?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ron thanks for any help you can give. I'm desperate.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hi Brittany,

Is this the brake light on the dash?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not on when I start the car but as soon as I reach 35mph it turns on and the dinging starts
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Your brake master cylinder has a read switch in it that read the brake fluid level and if the brake fluid is low it can cause the light to come on. Start first with checking to see if your master cylinder is full. If its low then top it off.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ron sorry my phone broke yesterday. To answer your question no it's not the brake fluid level. It's right below the max line.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay then it may be the switch at the master cylinder, try unplugging it and see if the light goes out. If it does then the switch is faulty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What switch?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If you look at the master cylinder you will see a connector at the bottom side of the fluid reservoir. That is the switch connector. Unplug it and see if the light and the warning chime clear.