Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trunk lid will not open with key remote, changed actuator,

Customer Question
Trunk lid will not...

Trunk lid will not open with key remote, changed actuator, still not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

The actuator is not the problem, I can open the lid using the manuel release behind the back seat.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2008 g8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed the actuator, which releases the trunk lid when the key remote is activated.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pontiac
12/8/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you able to do some electrical testing?