Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

No headlight chime and radio volume cant be turned up. Fuses…

No headlight chime and...

No headlight chime and radio volume cant be turned up

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

Fuses and relays ok 2002 sunfire coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sunfire yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses relays and wires for breaks etc. B2602, 2600,2965,2752

the chime for when you leave the lights on and are exiting the vehicle
have sound from radio left speaker
radio sound not chime
11/29/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The radio volume issue is going to be a faulty radio that needs to be replaced.

The codes are:

2602 daytime running light relay control circuit is shorted to ground

2600 means the DRLs are not working correct

2965 the key in switch on the ignition cylinder is faulty

2752 short to ground or open circuit in the horn relay control circuit

The chime issue is because of code 2965, the key in switch is not getting the correct signals to the BCM.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

DRL work
found broken speaker wire fixed it no change

Since the DRLs work then disregard those codes.

Do you know the other repairs you need to do from my response?

Are you needing more help?

Is the key chiped ?

You do not have chipped keys, the pass lock system is built onto the ignition lock cylinder.

this all can be ignition switch???

Not so fast, that is just what the code means. It is not a confirmation of what the repair is, that requires diagnosing. Here are those steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjxsjxyquuvoqvg/2965.pdf?dl=0

Are you needing more assistance?

I can use more help but not today

OKay, just let me know when.

Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician