Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My trunk won't open or opens way to slow, it does release…

Customer Question
My trunk won't open...

My trunk won't open or opens way to slow, it does release the latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2008 pontiac solstice

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Solstice yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything yet because I dont know if I should tighten something or what I am fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I hit the trunk button, the latch releases but if I'm not lifting up on the trunk it wont release the trunk and if it does release it just stays right above the latch but wont open all the way like it used to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The lift struts being old and worn out would be to blame for the trunk lid not raising up

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris