O.k.,if the lock cylinder is damaged and you are not normally turning it with a key or the cylinder is damaged to the point you are not using a key or the cylinder is removed you need to resolve this issue first.Any components with the cylinder and housing need to be repaired to then resolve this issue.The cylinder and key as well as ignition switch are used for the vehicle security system.It has to be in working order in order for the security system to allow starting of the vehicle.
After the repair is done this relearn needs done posted below with a fully charged battery.
You can also try this relearn the way it is to see if it works but I suspect any damaged components need repaired or replaced then this relearn done.
30 Minute Learn Procedure
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. Start the engine.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.