Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 torrent radio just quit working and the fuse is

Customer Question
My 2007 torrent radio...

My 2007 torrent radio just quit working and the fuse is okay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked the fuses. Don't know what else could cause it to not turn on at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes. All checked out as working by auto zone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The information system (tire pressure, oil level, etc which appear to be part of the radio (but I don't know) are all working.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pontiac
11/22/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, does the radio power up so that you see a radio channel displayed, but no sound?

Or no power at all?

No power at all.

Ok, give me a few minutes to go thru the schematics

HI,

There is only one fuse for it, fuse #17 in the instrument panel fuse box

If you have confirmed it is good, then the next step will be to check for power and ground at the radio at the rear connector, which will mean pulling the radio.

At the connector is a red with white striped wire. check for 12v on it and on the black wire, make sure it has ground.

If 12v is present and good ground, then audio unit has failed and will need to be replaced.

If 12v missing, then red with white wire will need to be traced for a break between fuse #17 and connector and repair

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.