Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will start just no fuel pressure on fuel rail. 185000

Will start just no...

Will start just no fuel pressure on fuel rail

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

185000 recently

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

Iv changed the fuel pressure valve in tank 2004 sunfire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sunfire yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

ThaTS IT

11/22/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

When you turn on the key do you get the theft light to come on and then go out? Have you had computer scanned for any stored codes?

no theft light
not scannned since fuel pressure valve changed
fuel pumps working fine just no pressure on fuel rail

When you say fuel pressure valve are you talking about the fuel pump in the tank?

the valve on top of tank beside the fuel pump

If you are hearing the pump run when key is cycled but not getting pressure to fuel rail then you have a bad fuel regulator leak on fuel pump.

that means bad fuel pump

Yes. If you hear pump run it has two small plastic lines on pump and main pressure one broke or sock on bottom of pump is completely clogged. Either way pump will need to be removed to be inspected and replaced.

Jaybird61
okay thanks