Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

The radio light does not work. But the radio and CD player

the radio light does not...
the radio light does not work. But the radio and CD player works. The speed gage started reading in kilometers (not miles) per hour.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: How do you check the fuse? How do you find the fuse? How do I start to do this?
JA: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?
Customer: 2007 g6 grand am
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havent tried anything. im trying to get info on the internet. I am retired and on a fixed income so Id like to fix it myself if i can
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Those are the only two problems: radio light is not working and it is reading in kilometers
11/17/2017
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Pontiac Mechanic

sorry for the delay............

.
Kilometers to MPH

UNITS: When UNITS appears on the display, press the
enter button to move between METRIC (default in
Canada) or ENGLISH (default in United States). When
you have made your choice, press the MENU button
to record your selection.
If you choose English, all information will be displayed
in English units.
If you choose metric, all information will be displayed in
metric units.
The unit measurement will also change the trip
odometer, temperature, and average fuel economy displays.

.

Radio Display:
This is not like the old Radios that had Light Bulbs that could be changed
You have to change the LED & Circuit Board with New Updated one
Problem is, is locating a GM Radio Repair Shop that will sell you one.
I can supply you with a Repair Shop that can Exchange or Repair, if you need that

.

Let me know if you need further
.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Pontiac Mechanic
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
GM Radio Repair Shop that will sell you one.
I can supply you with a Repair Shop that can Exchange or Repair, if you need thatyes, please give me a repare shop that will repair this. If the display is NOT working, I cant change back into miles from metric system.
Should I go to the Chevy dealer? Would this be very expenseive? what else will they try to sell me?
Please direct me further

I use:
JO-DI's Repair

*****/p>

Hartford, CT, 06106
*****@******.***

(###) ###-####/p>

OR
Eastside Radio
2301 S Second St.

Booneville, MS 38829

(###) ###-####/p>

.

Be sure to get there Qoute & Shipping Address

.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Can you give me instructions:
1. what is the exact title of the part i need to order?
2. how do I install it? Can you refer me to a utube video that will show me?

Can you give me instructions:

.

sorry.....no I cannot give specific instructions on how to replace the Circuit Board & LED, unless I have the Unit in front of me

There is NO YouTube Videos that I am aware of
That is why I referred you to the people that repair / exchange GM Radios, that I have used for over 20 years

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Pontiac Mechanic