Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Have 09 g6 wont start when turn key to on serictry light…

Customer Question
Have 09 g6 wont...

Have 09 g6 wont start when turn key to on serictry light comes on when off. jump starter turns over but wont run

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Have 2 keys tried both flip key around still wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery key in door 3 times. 30 min reset checked all fues and relays

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pontiac
11/16/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

when you are cranking the engine, is the security light actually flashing when cranking?

no just gos on for 2 or 3 sec when key is in on pos then gos out

ok, then the issue is not security related.

fasted test to see if you are missing fuel or spark is to see if the engine will start off of starter fluid, if it does then you need to check the fuel pump, you are not getting fuel, if it does not start then you either have a spark issue or there is a fuel issue with quality and the engine cannot fire,.

my vote is a fuel pump or connection to the fuel pump or you are out of fuel and the sensor is faulty.,

but until you see if the engine will run off of starter fluid we do not know what path to take.

hope this helps.

I will be here to help if you need more help,

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

dose not run on starter fluid tryed

ok, then we are missing spark.

so now it can be a cam sensor or crank sensor.

what else have you done?

its hard for anyone to help if you do not tell us everything you have done.

Lou

car will not start dose nothing when turn key lights raido works icon sec light gos on so disconnect battery put new battery. checed all fues and relays. then jumped out started turned over but still wont run so it seems to be computer related
have 2 keys tried both even flip key. tried secirty reboot did not work
would still turn over if it was cam or crack sensor
any ideas or you cant help me

ok i will have to opt out, my apologies, I can help but i wont be able to have the time to try and diagnose this.

Lou

Pontiac Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

New expert here.

It looks like you might still need help getting your G6 going. To clarify, at this point it will crank, but won't start?

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician