Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 G6 GT top won't retract all the way. It seems that…

Customer Question
Hi, My 2007 G6 GT top...
My 2007 G6 GT top won't retract all the way. It seems that the rest of the system is working just find, but won't know for sure until I get it to complete the open/close cicle.
I will appreciate your help.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 2 days by:
11/16/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a failing roof position sensor.Your roof system uses position sensors/switches that send signals on what position the roof is in.If one of these sensors is sending a false signal this will keep the roof from operating fully or properly.What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the data signals from these sensors to help determine the faulty one needing replaced.If this was already done and all sensors are found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete