Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Top willclose but not open. 99 trans am. I took it out of…

Customer Question
Top willclose but not...

Top willclose but not open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

99 trans am

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trans Am yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it out of storage and top wont open

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It will close but not open

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pontiac
11/13/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

If it will go up with switch but not down that points toward a failed switch. Unplug the switch and jump the black wire to the gray wire and the brown wire to the purple wire, if that allows top to go down replace the switch. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.