Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power windows does not go down when I press my driver…

My power windows does...

My power windows does not go down when I press my driver switch. none of the switches on the driver work. the switch on the passenger side works but the rear window switches do not work. I have changed the main switch, and I checked the fuse on the lower console on the passenger side. I am not sure if the fuse is the right one. it has a J case fuse in there, but I don't know if I should try the one that is in there or a different 30 amp fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2009 G6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the main power switch on the driver side and I have replaced the power window fuse on the passenger side lower console.

10/18/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you comfortable with wire diagrams, wire testing and a volt meter?

Here is your wire diagram.https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd24oqcwf28e67y/pwrwindowsg6.pdf?dl=0

A the drivers switch is the yellow wire powered and the black wire ground?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
I am satisfied with your suggestions so I am looking at the wiring and going from there.

Thanks