Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 3.9L Pontiac G6 hardtop Coupe. Recently I've…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 3.9L...
I have a 2006 3.9L Pontiac G6 hardtop Coupe. Recently I've been having issues with the car. I've had mechanics tell me there maybe something wrong with the BCM, but IDK. The transmission and engine seem to run fine, but just a little while ago the car now only starts in 2nd gear and will only go to 3rd gear. I've recently pulled the following code from the OBD2 computer: C2307, and every now and then the traction control light will go on at random. Lastly the AC system will only blow air out the foot vents despite what setting i select, but air will come out the defrost vents when I select defrost. I'm not sure what's going on, can you please help?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Pontiac
10/17/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Mater Technician replied 9 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician

Hello, my name is***** you sure that this is the code you got for the car? Were there any other codes?

I also got a code P0125 and P0204.. there may have been other codes at other times, but that's all I pulled this time.

Thank you. It sounds like you may have different issues going on here. The 204 code is for a failure in the #4 injector so that would concern me the most. If there is an injector issue then that will cause the transmission to not shift right. I would look into that as the most likely cause for most of this.

I don't understand, what is a failure in the # 4 injector? What does that mean? And it would affect the transmission?

That means that the fuel injector on the #4 cylinder has either failed or the circuit for it has a failure. This will cause one of the cylinders in the engine to not make power which will cause the computer to compensate by changing the shifting patterns of the car. Did you ever clear all of these codes and if you did how long did it take for them to return?

I see, I see... Yes I cleared the codes and they came right back as soon as I started the car again.

Then the injector needs to be diagnosed first. The 125 code typically means that the thermostat in the vehicle is failing so that will need to be replaced. The other code does not make sense to me. Are you sure on the numbers for that one.

What's a good first step for diagnosing the injector?.. yes I'm 100% sure about the codes

I would check the resistance of the injector and then use a noid light to see if it is pulsing when the engine is running.