Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Light is out on the radio and shifting mechanism..can't see…

Customer Question
Light is out on...

Light is out on the radio and shifting mechanism..can't see if I am in drive or neutral. RADIO works but cannot see the stations

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Had it looked at at a garage, they didn't mention a fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2005/Vibe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. can you easily show me where the fuse box is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do I have to pay?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pontiac
10/6/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Are these the only lights not working inside the vehicle at night with the headlights on?

radio light and lights on the shifting column (PRNDL). But now my odometer display is missing a digit right in the middle of the display. All my headlights, backups lights, turn signals, and dome light work.

You will need to remove the radio and volt test the green wire which is the illumination circuit that comes from the instrument panel lamp dimmer. This green wire also goes to other lights like the HVAC, power point, hazard switch, traction control switch. If those are working and the radio is getting power on the green wire, then the radio is at fault. Check the bulb for the shifter. The odometer is a faulty instrument cluster.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris