Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Every sensor light is coming on...ABS, traction control,

Customer Question
Every sensor light is...

Every sensor light is coming on...ABS, traction control, tires, etc. how do I reset them. I already disconnected the battery and it didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?

I did not check the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2009 pontiac G8 GT, 165,000 miles. Still runs great, well maintained

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the battery and the reset system inside the car do you think fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pontiac
10/3/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The abs, traction control and in some cases brake light will come on when a fault is detected with one of the abs components.This can be a component like a failing wheel speed sensor,faulty steering position sensor,fault with abs control unit or hydraulic unit or even wiring at fault.There are several causes for these lights to come on.What has to be done from here to resolve these lights is to have a scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with the anti lock brake computer to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault.Once this is done the codes are then cleared with the scan tool to turn off the lights.This has to be done to resolve this issue here.Most shops or a dealer can read out, diagnose and repair the issue for a fee.A local parts store can sometimes read out the codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.

As for the tire light you need to check the air pressures in the tires to make sure they are o.k. and if any are low then they need filled.If any are really low then a leak needs checked for in that tire and repaired.Once this is done you can drive the vehicle and the light will go off.If the tires are at the correct pressures and this light is still on then this indicates in most all cases a faulty tire pressure sensor needing replaced.You would need to have the sensors checked by a tire shop to locate the faulty sensor and then replaced from there to turn off this light.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete