Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2003 pontiac aztec I changed the ignition switch now…

Customer Question
I have 2003 pontiac aztec...
I have 2003 pontiac aztec I changed the ignition switch now it turns over starts and dies immediately
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pontiac
10/3/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Gary, Pontiac Technician replied 10 months ago
Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Ok

once that is changed you must perform the theft key relearn procedure

following this here should relearn it

1. With a master passkey III key (Black), turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
  3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.
  5. With a master passkey III key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how did you make out ?