Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a drivability issue with my 2007 torrent. I have over…

Customer Question
I have a drivability...

I have a drivability issue with my 2007 torrent. I have over 2000 invested trying to fix the issue and nothing seems to help. At first the codes lead me down the evap system rabbit hole replacing every sensor even the fuel pump, and many other things. I replaced all six fuel injectors and the cadaledic converter. I replaced the mass air flow sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

The pressure has been checked by the mechanic when he replaced the pump. I replaced the fuel injectors because of the drivability issues and the fact that I found metal shavings in the intake from fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taken it to a shop for some stuff but have replaced many things myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I guess not

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pontiac
9/29/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

What are the current codes and the running issues noticed?

First I had what felt like a miss at about 45MPH. I replaced the spark plugs because the internet said these cars had a problem with cracked spark plugs. there was one cracked spark plug. Temp fixed problem started happening again replaced spark plugs again. Replaced wires, fixed problem again but not as long. the drivability of the car was getting worse. I got a code at this time and it was the one for small leak then a major leak. I started following this rabbit hole I replaced the gas cap twice, and every sensor in the evap system. I have also replaced the coil pac and the cadaledic converter. I have replaced the fuel pump and the mas airflow and EGR Valve. when trying to fix the drivability problem I replaced all of the fuel injectors. I am running out of stuff to replace. How do I know i am not chacing a gost and it is not just the ECU. The battery is dead right now the last code I got before I parked it told me that (bad Camshaft sensor, Crankshaft sensor, streached timing belt, low oil, or plugged oil line) I ran the codes that were stored and it said PO171 Lean Bank, and PO455 evaporative Emission system Leak detected (large Leak) Gas cap. The oil is fine and the cam shaft and crank shaft sensors are both new. and my Mechanic said that at 90000 miles my chain should not be stretched. I have only paid someone to change fuel pump and EGR valve I have done everything else my self but between those two it was two mechanics and over 2000$ I have hundreds into other parts and can not afford to continue just replacing things but being I still ow 10000 on t he car I need to get it running right. Please help me.

Have you checked for a vacuum leak?

Have you used a smoke machine to find the EVAP leak?

I have smoked the system I have no leaks
Just started the car and ran the codes got a P0016 and P0706. I do not think that the neutral switch would cause a drive-ability issue and the cam and crank shaft sensor is new. there is a service bulletin out for many of these vehicles but not for mine. There is a intermitent miss on the 3 and 5 cylenders

You smoked the system to look for an EVAP leak or vacuum leak? Smoke will not find a small vacuum leak that can cause your lean codes?

Can you list all the current active codes so I can get you the diag steps for them? I do not know which ones you have now or did have?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris