Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The ABS and T/C lights are on most of the time. The brakes…

Customer Question
The ABS and T/C...

The ABS and T/C lights are on most of the time. The brakes frequently grind like they do when the ABS comes on in the winter. I have had it checked by 2 different services and they tell me they don't know what the cause is and they have not fixed it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

I don't know what the difference is.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 pontiac torrent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far?

No; we have taken it to the repair shop at the dealership and to another mechanic

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pontiac
9/26/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have fault codes been checked and if so what codes are coming up with this fault here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

I'm sorry. I don't know

O.k.,with these lights on there will be at least one code set.Having the codes read out will help to diagnose and locate the fault.If you can get the code info from the dealer or if you can have your computers re scanned with a compatible scan tool to read the codes again and post the code info here this will help.A local parts store can usually scan this for you at no charge.

I have seen most common is a failing wheel speed sensor needing replaced to resolve this fault.The wheel speed sensors tend to fail and causes the grind feel as well as the abs and traction lights.If these were not checked into to see if any of these are an issue this needs done.

If there are no codes set at all and these lights are on this can indicate a fault with the anti lock brake control unit itself.It can set off false warning lights and cause the grind feel you have with the control unit needing replaced and programmed.The programming has to be done by a dealer once it is replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete