Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My radiator and A/C went out at the the same time. It's good…

Customer Question
My radiator and A/C...

My radiator and A/C went out at the the same time .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

It's good got no power to radiator and A/C switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Pontiac Vibe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vibe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes check relay under hood an dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

First the blower motor stop working pulled it out test it OK. Has one radiator fan A/C switch turns the fan on when A/C is on.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hi im Reggie thanks for using JustAnswer. Put my years of experience and training to work for you

Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

Hello if i am reading you right your blower fan stopped working you pulled it out and tested the motor itself and it is good. And when you turn the ac on the fan comes on out front is that correct? IF so it sounds like you have a problem in the blower motor circuit so lets get right to it. The connector that goes to the motor we need to check the voltage across those two terminals see if we have power and ground are if not which one are we missing. Do you have a voltmeter available?

Reggie not the blower motor,when i hit the A/C button the radiator fan comes on
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago
thats right. What that tells me is the ac switch is working compressor is most likely coming on so we need to get your blower working at the connector for the blower motor we need to check and see if we have voltage and ground have u done that
The coolant fan seems to be on the same circuit as the A/C when i turn the A/C on the coolant fan comes on my blower motor works just fine
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago
Im sorry i went back and reread your question it sounded like u had no blower fan tell me exactly what is happening or not happenong with ac
Blower is working the problem is the A/C and the coolant fan
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago
when you say coolant fan which fan do you mean because u said the radiator fan was working. Is thr compressor coming on
There is only one radiator fan not two.
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago
okay and that fan is working correct?
The coolant fan works tested it but there is no power coming going to it and the A/C.
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago
okay gotcha. Do you have a voltmeter?
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

Good morning sir are you ready for us to test this

Get off work at 0800 has a voltage meter.
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

Okay i will be hear waiting and we wil fix your car today

Unplugged ECT turn the key on the engine fan came on.
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

Hello sorry i am late went to town terrible accident stuck in traffic for hours. Okay that is good info that means that our relay fuse and fan are good

Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

Which means that we have a problem with the request side of the circuit. It could be the sensor itself do you have a scanner where we can ck for codes and see what the sensor is telling the pcm that the temperature is. I see alot of them will be skewed meaning temp may be 214 and it is reporting 164 d

Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

If you dont have a scanner just take a shot fire the parts cannon and replace the sensor

Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

Hello are you still working on this

Sorry Reggie on the road will be back next week.
Pontiac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 10 months ago

thats okay be safe just didnt want to be letting you down