Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced every ting in ignition even the control mod. new…

Customer Question
I replaced every ting...

I replaced every ting in ignition even the control mod. new fuel injectors. new idle control motor. replaced intake gasket fuel pump runs have plenty of fuel at fuel rail. removed cat. engine runs very rough at idle and hesitate every now and then when you first press throttle . compression 210-215 all four cylinders . idle is gets very bad when ac is turned on butt it does not die.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2001 grandam 2.4 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am gm cert in 1982 got out so I am learning this system

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pontiac
I replaced fuel filter to
also if you are driving at 40-50-60 70 miles per hour and you step on throttle it will sputter you have to let off and ease in on it and it runs correct
9/24/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago
mike switzer

pull off the throttle body and make sure the intake is not full of oil these had a problem with collecting oil from the pcv system and when you stomp on it it will sputter from the quick intake of oil.

ok I will try and get back to you. give me till tomorrow night after I get off work I will take it apart again
you know now that I am thinking about it when I removed the intake it was clean but I still sprayed with carb cleaner
remember it is randomly missing at idle p0300 down steam o2 sensor was all over the place that is why I removed the cat upstream reading are ok fuel trims mostly neg 5 to pos 2
Pontiac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

it is possible that the bcm is going out and not triggering the idle up condition with the a/c on. as it all runs through that. also if the fuel pressure regulator is going bad it can cause this.

ok I will check pressure and I know how to test regulator with the pressure test then I will let u know thanks
Pontiac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 7 months ago

how are things going?

i was able to check fuel pressure tonight i have 45 lbs of running pressure and 55 when i remove vacuum hose on regulator
Pontiac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 7 months ago

that is good what about pressure drop?

there was no drop
should I have seen a drop in pressure
Pontiac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 7 months ago

you replaced the coils correct?

two times and the tower and the modual and boots and plugs
what has me is the idle does not raise when I turn on air and I replaced the idle air motor
Pontiac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 7 months ago

sorry i am going to opt out of this i am haveing some issue currently with my property management haha hope things get sorted out for you

mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer