Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just changed out the drivers seat in my 07 grand prix gxp…

I just changed out...

I just changed out the drivers seat in my 07 grand prix gxp and now the airbag light is staying on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Doesn't appear to be....the seatbelt light goes off when i connect the belt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?

I reseated the connector under the seat other than that i was searching for probable causes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

9/23/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

depending on the code you may need a scanner to reset it, do you know what the code is? and have you tried doing a battery reset?

no access to a scanner....how do i perform a battery reset, be advised that i disconnected the battery for the seat swap, yellow wires to the seat....

you unhook the negative then positive, touch both cables together and wait 30 mins install positive then negative and see if code remains

will try that, thanks

hows it going?

not able to attempt the battery reset at this time, will try later

ok sounds god ill be around

fyi...i performed the battery reset and it appears the the airbag sensor is happy now, please be advised that while i was waiting i also swapped the female seat belt socket with the original seat, so the error might have been in the seat belt as well.
thanks for your help. go ahead and close this ticket.
thanks
john oliver

to close the ticket you have to rate me

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
the repair is complete...yes please close this ticket, i have already rated you
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician