Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 pontiac montana will not crank when key is turned to…

2002 pontiac montana...

2002 pontiac montana will not crank when key is turned to start starter was tested good and battery 12v

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

One key very hard to turn to start new key turns ok not sure about steering not with car now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,battery,starter,and working on relays

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have one relay,aione attached close to radiator 5 pins but only 4 wires from connector

9/19/2017
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have a new key made for this?

locksmith half price

did you reprogram the new key into the computer?

not with car,how ever,nothing but seatbelt chimes and lights and power windows working

you need to prgram the new key before it will start it, would you like the procedure for doing this?

send program for new key please note key did work for a while but no more

ok, you need to sit in the driver sea, and close the door, then insert the key and turn it t start and release back to the run position, the security light wil come on , on the dash, leave the key on for about 10 minutes, until the security light goes out, when it goes out, turn the key off for 5 seconds, then start it, this will program the key into the computer,Tim

will try later,not with car now

No worries, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
ok hopes this works,thanks

Anytime my friend, let me know how it goes,Tim