Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2002 pontiac montana will not crank when key is turned to

2002 pontiac montana will not crank when key is turned to start starter was tested good and battery 12v
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: one key very hard to turn to start new key turns ok not sure about steering not with car now
JA: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,battery,starter,and working on relays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have one relay,aione attached close to radiator 5 pins but only 4 wires from connector

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have a new key made for this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
locksmith half price

did you reprogram the new key into the computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not with car,how ever,nothing but seatbelt chimes and lights and power windows working

you need to prgram the new key before it will start it, would you like the procedure for doing this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
send program for new key please note key did work for a while but no more

ok, you need to sit in the driver sea, and close the door, then insert the key and turn it t start and release back to the run position, the security light wil come on , on the dash, leave the key on for about 10 minutes, until the security light goes out, when it goes out, turn the key off for 5 seconds, then start it, this will program the key into the computer,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will try later,not with car now

No worries, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok hopes this works,thanks

Anytime my friend, let me know how it goes,Tim