Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cam I'm having the same issue with the starting disabled due…

Customer Question
Hi Cam I'm having the...
Hi Cam I'm having the same issue with the starting disabled due to theft system but I don't have a security light that comes on when I turn the key on with the message on the board can you help me please
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pontiac
9/13/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The starting disabled light is the security light in your vehicle's case. So you want to do the 30 minute relearn procedure and during each cycle, at the end of 10 minutes, the starting disabled light should go out.

If it doesnt, then there is a hard fault in the system - key, antenna ring on the ignition cylinder or control module. This takes a scan tool to diagnose which. If you have a spare key and it doesnt work, you can eliminate the key as the issue but will still need it scanned to determine whether it is the antenna ring or the control module

I've tried the 3 cycle relearn process but there's no security light that comes on. I have a scan tool but nothing comes up in the codes
I'm not gonna call and waste $26 for you to tell me the same thing Google does

Did you not read my answer?

the starting disabled due to theft system IS the security light in yours.

What scan tool are you using? If if reads security control module fault codes, then it will do the relearn using it. It is 10 minute procedure using it.

If it doesnt have the ability to do the relearn thru the control module, then it cant read the security control module for fault codes