GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. The engine has been

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. The engine has been shutting down as we drive on roads and highways, and then alerts us to reduced power due to the throttle body control. I have cleaned the throttle body intake valve, reset the computer by removing the negative cable from the battery for more than 6 hours, and tried everything else I have researched. Please help because the vehicle is useless to me in this condition.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. have you had it scanned for fault codes?

are you there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, no I haven't scanned for fault codes. I will do this today and get back to you.

ok, thanks

hows it gong?