TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

My interior speakers stoped working. Stereo has power buy

Customer Question

My interior speakers stoped working. Stereo has power buy there is no sound what so ever coming out. I have a 2008 G6 GT coupe with the Monsoon system.
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Factory, i added an Amp and subs to the trunk using a low level output converter.
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. It just happened
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the issue with my stereo. I read reviews that claim the Onboard amp could be bad? The interior fuse to the raido is good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

does that have the factory amp system in it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has the Monsoon system. I added my after market Amp and Subs ran off a low level output converter. It has worked Great since i installed it back in 2009 up until now. Not sure if the factory head unit is bad or possibly the "Onboard Amp" that came factory installed.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

is the a convertible ? it does make a difference and we will just have to do some voltage checks to find out, do you have a volt meter?

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

hows it coming?

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 23 days ago.

are you still wanting to diagnose the problem ?