kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

2007 Pontiac G6. Need a new ignition switch intermittently

Customer Question

2007 Pontiac G6. Need a new ignition switch intermittently not starting. Will the new switch need programmed?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

You will have to have the new lock cylinder coded so your old key will work the new cylinder. After the new cylinder has been installed you will have to do a 30 minute relearn on the anti theft system. Here are the steps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not changing the lock cylinder just the ignition switch.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

If all you are replacing is just the electrical part of the ignition switch, then all you will have to do is the 30 minute relearn, once you have reconnected the battery.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do I get it out of there
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

How far have you gotten?