Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 Pontiac G6 convertible top will not close. is there…

Customer Question
My 2007 Pontiac G6...

My 2007 Pontiac G6 convertible top will not close. is there a manual way to do this? The repair guy said the motor is burned out

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

123K miles. automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a repair place because it wouldn't open. this repair place opened it but it cannot close. The repair guy said the motor was struggling when he was opening the top but was not able to close the top

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The repair guy said its the convertible top motor that needs to be replaced but to replace the top, it needs to be closed and the top is stuck in the open position

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 5 days by:
9/12/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Looking at the info on this model here I dont see a manual way myself to close this.The motor may need to be disconnected to then close it manually or the motor replaced to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete