Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ABS lock-up on 1996 Grand am. When it locked up on slope I…

Customer Question
ABS lock-up on 1996...

ABS lock-up on 1996 Grand am

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Am yourself? What have you tried so far?

When it locked up on slope I put the break on and eventually was able to start the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can you repair it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pontiac
9/7/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you're having an issue starting the engine. There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition and it will require some testing at the time the problem is happening to know what is going on. The problem could be with the ignition switch, transmission range sensor, the starter, starter relay, wiring, even the powertrain control module itself.

Is there any noise from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position?