Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

I just made the block test on my pontiac grand am gt and it…

Customer Question
Hi! I just made the...
Hi! I just made the block test on my pontiac grand am gt and it is no exhaust gases in the system, changed water pump, thermostat and it is still boiling the coolant and push it out from the reservoir after it is get to 200 F
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pontiac
9/6/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: john aka eaut, The Car Guy replied 5 months ago
john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
any intake leaks? is the fan operating?

no intake leaks
it start to make a steam after it get to 200 F and start boiling from reservoir and temperature goes over 200F

but again does the radiator fan work?

it is work
It turn on when the coolant start boiling, and temp gauge shod 220

any coolant smell or coolant wash on any of the spark plugs?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician