Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2007 Pontiac torrent, 3.4L. P1779 code, torque delivered

2007 Pontiac torrent, 3.4L. P1779 code, torque delivered signal. Also has a random subtle shutter when slowing down just before a stop. Common cause?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

The common problem is the EGR valve, I would go ahead and replace. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The shutter feels like a transmission related shutter do you still think that this is a common cause of this particular symptom?

The two common causes for this code is EGR valve and transmission control module. The EGR is something you can do yourself but transmission control module would need to be reprogrammed with dealer scantool. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The shutter symptom is the one that we are most interested in chasing down. Does the EGR problem ever create a shutter symp***** *****ke the one I described?

It can but problem is more likely transmission control module, I would still start with EGR myself since it is cheaper and something you can do yourself. Another option is to put a block off plate under EGR to see if that stops problem if so replace. If not then replace transmission control module.