Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My alarm light wont go off which its keeping my car from…

Customer Question
My alarm light wont...

My alarm light wont go off which its keeping my car from starting. I have a 1999 grand prix super charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes i have and it still wont go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?

When i bought it it didnt have the alarm key that goes on your key chain so i bought one that matched my car and got programed in and it set but the security light is still blinking on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 3 days by:
8/8/2017
Pontiac Mechanic: Pete, Pontiac Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Pontiac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be a fault with the ignition cylinder itself needing replaced as this model should have two thin wires that run from the cylinder to send the key signal to the BCM ( body control module computer).The wires break off of the cylinder and causes this fault here.I would have this checked to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete